Last adapted 30.05.2019
1. Who are we?
2. Which Personal Data Do We Process and for What Purposes?
- information from public registers, e.g. the debt enforcement register;
- information obtained from private providers such as credit reference agencies, mailing list brokers, data-bases to prevent fraud and money laundering, etc.;
- information obtained from the internet, the media and media monitoring agencies;
- information obtained from online service providers, e.g. providers of web analytics services;
- information relating to payment transactions carried out by financial services providers;
- information obtained from any company you work for, e.g. name, contact details, title, role, etc.;
- information concerning you that other parties have supplied to us, e.g. in the course of any administrative or court proceedings, or during any interactions with us.
- communicating with you and with third parties;
- providing customer services;
- providing, managing, backing up and customizing websites, apps, online offers and other infrastructure, e.g. Wi-Fi;
- entering into and performing contracts with you;
- entering into and performing contracts with suppliers, customers and business partners that are connected to you and managing relationships with customers and suppliers;
- gaining a better understanding of our end customers and their behavior and interests, evaluating and im-proving acceptance levels for our products and services as well as our communications in relation to prod-ucts and services;
- advertising and marketing, e.g. staging events, conducting competitions, etc. and sending targeted infor-mation and marketing communications by post and electronically (unless the recipient has objected to di-rect marketing);
- conducting market research and opinion polls;
- preparing and undertaking corporate takeovers and sales as well as similar transactions;
- administration and management of IT and other resources;
- accounting, archiving, training and other administrative purposes;
- reviewing and improving our internal processes and sharing personal data within Eurocentres;
- ensuring the safety of our employees and premises as well as areas;
- reviewing and meeting legal requirements, including court orders or orders issued by authorities, for com-pliance purposes and for the purpose of detecting and investigating abuses;
- enforcing our rights and the rights of affiliated companies and defending any claims against us, our employees, our affiliated companies and against our contracting and business partners in court or in relation to the authorities, within or outside Switzerland.
3. To Whom Do We Disclose Personal Data?
- Corporate management services, for example accounting or asset management
- Advisory services, for example the services of tax advisors, lawyers, and management consultants, as well as the services of advisors in the fields of personnel recruitment and placement
- IT services, for example in the areas of hosting, cloud services, the delivery of email newsletters, and data analysis and enhancement
- Credit assessments, for example if you want to make a purchase on account
- If we are required to transfer personal data to another company in relation to transactions contemplated or carried out by us, including company mergers or the acquisition or sale of individual parts of a company or its assets.
- We may disclose your personal data to third parties (e.g. to the courts and authorities within Switzerland and abroad) if this is required by law. We also reserve the right to process your personal data in order to satisfy a court order or for the purpose of enforcing or defending legal rights or claims or if we consider such processing to be necessary on any other legal grounds. We may also disclose your personal data to other parties involved in any proceedings.
- If we transfer claims against you to other companies, such as collection agencies.
4. When Do We Transfer Your Personal Data Abroad?
5. How Do We Process Personal Data in relation to websites and email newsletters?
6. Do We Conduct Profiling and Use Automated Decision-Making?
7. For How Long Do We Store Your Personal Data?
8. How Do We Protect Your Personal Data?
9. What Rights Do You Have in Connection with the Processing of Your Personal Data?
10. What Else Do You Need to Bear in Mind?
- the conclusion of a contract with the data subjects or for pre-contractual measures requested by the data subjects;
- legitimate interests: these include, for example, interests in connection with customer support and com-munications with customers, including outside the framework of a contract; interests in the performance of marketing activities; our interest in getting to know our customers and other individuals better; our interest in improving existing products and services and developing new ones; our interest in facilitating intra-Group management and communication, which is necessary for a Group that requires cooperation between parties; our interest in combating fraud, for example in online shops, and in the prevention and investigation of offenses; our interest in protecting customers, employees and other individuals and data, as well as secrets and assets of Eurocentres; our interest in ensuring IT security, especially in connection with the use of websites, apps and other IT infrastructure; our interest in safeguarding and organizing business operations, including the running and further development of websites and other systems; our interest in ensuring corporate management and development; any interest in selling or purchasing companies, parts of companies, or other assets; any interest in the enforcement or defense of legal rights and claims; and our interest in complying with Swiss law and internal rules and regulations;
- consent provided by you where we have separately requested such consent;
- compliance with legal requirements.
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies...
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
As we sell products it's important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
The Google AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you.
For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ.
We use adverts to offset the costs of running this site and provide funding for further development. The behavioural advertising cookies used by this site are designed to ensure that we provide you with the most relevant adverts where possible by anonymously tracking your interests and presenting similar things that may be of interest.
In some cases we may provide you with custom content based on what you tell us about yourself either directly or indirectly by linking a social media account. These types of cookies simply allow us to provide you with content that we feel may be of interest to you.
Several partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately and where applicable allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Youtube, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren't sure whether you need or not it's usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods.
Email: info [at] eurocentres [dot] com (info [at] eurocentres [dot] com)
UK PoliciesOur Mission Statement:
Eurocentres is fully committed to making every language stay abroad a successful and fulfilling experience for every single course participant, irrespective of their linguistic or cultural background.
Admissions, Discipline and Exclusions: Your obligations as a student at Eurocentres.pdf
Questions, problems or complaints.pdf
Special Education Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Policy.pdf
Summary of Policy on safeguarding under 18 year olds in UK Schools.pdf
Summary of Policy on Health and Safety in UK Schools.pdf
For more details about our UK policies please contact us at our UK Head Office:
Eurocentres - Foundation for Language and Educational Centres
56 Eccleston Square
London SW1V 1PH
If you wish to contact our Zurich Head Office:
Eurocentres - Foundation for Language and Educational Centres