Skip to main content

Country Selector

Questions & Booking

We'd be happy to help you further - contact us now!

Consultation hotline
Skype: eurocentres_sales

Send your questions using the contact form.

In-person consultation
56 Eccleston Square
SW1V 1PH London/UK

Visa information Australia

Participants who plan to study for 13 weeks or less can do so on a Tourist Visa (subclass 600) or Visitor Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) (Subclass 976).
Participants who plan to study for more than 13 weeks will require a Student Visa (subclass 500). Some students may be eligible for a Working Holiday visa (subclass 417) & Work and Holiday Visa (subclass 462).
To obtain a Student Visa, you will need the following as minimum requirements:

  1. Valid Passport 
  2. Confirmation letter 
  3. Proof you can cover expenses for your stay in Australia 
  4. Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE), which states that you have paid your fees and booked Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

A student travelling on a Student Visa will be permitted to work in Australia for up to 40 hours per fortnight. You can apply for a work rights visa (called the Australian Working Holiday Visa) at the time of application for your Student Visa.
Students on a Student visa who wish to work while they are studying must obtain a Tax File Number from the Australian Taxation Office after arrival in Australia.
A Student Visa includes the following conditions: 

  • Satisfy course requirements by achieving a record of satisfactory academic performance and attend at least 80% of all your scheduled classes; 
  • Be continually covered by the compulsory Overseas Student Health Cover for all of your time in Australia; 
  • Inform the Australian Department of Immigration (DIBP) and the school’s Administration immediately if you change address; 
  • You cannot change education provider for the first six (6) months without submitting an application to DIBP
  • Inform DIBP if you change your student status or withdraw from the course that you are enrolled in; 
  • Extend your student visa before it expires; 

Contact your nearest Australian High Commission or Consulate for specific visa information and/or visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) on for Australian requirements. We strongly recommend you check the individual criteria for your country of residence.
Students who are Under 18 can only be accepted at our school in Cairns. They need to book the Super Intensive (30 lessons/ week) course, accommodation in homestay and return transfer through Eurocentres. Their parents or legal guardians need to provide a completed and signed Parental Consent Form (PCF).

Do not hesitate to contact us should you have further questions regarding the visa. Please contact us through the following mail address:  team-ch [at] eurocentres [dot] com