Do you feel that your creative spirit is being smothered by too many rules and instructions? In many cases, having a special hobby can help escape the daily grind and give you an opportunity to be creative. For this scholarship we are looking for a French student that has a truly extraordinary hobby. For example, you may spend your free time geocaching, bungee jumping, practicing challenging acrobatic moves, or learning magic tricks.
Scholarship for extraordinary hobbies
If routine is not for you and people are always impressed when you talk about your hobbies, you may be the type of student we are looking for.
This scholarship is open to people from France who would rather work hard at their unique hobbies than at being the best university student. If this sounds like you, feel free to apply!
The scholarship has a total value of 4,000 € and will cover the costs of a language study stay in San Diego, California.
This scholarship includes:
- A 4-week English language course with a total workload of 80 hours (20 hours/week) and delivered at the San Diego Eurocentres language school, which is located in Gaslamp Quarter (downtown San Diego)
- Accommodation with a local family
- Travel insurance
- An allowance of 500 €
- Return plane tickets to San Diego
- Transfers to and from the airport
Please note that this scholarship will be available until 30th April 2017 and that you are free to make your own travel arrangements.
This scholarship is open to all students regardless of their field of study.
HOW TO APPLY
- STEP 1: Fill in this application form. Make sure your answers are in English – and don't worry if your English isn't perfect, because this will not affect the final decision.
- STEP 2: Tell us about yourself and about your special hobby. You can do this by creating a short video or a text.
- STEP 3: Upload your video so we can review it. You can use any video sharing site, including YouTube and Vimeo. Important: the name of your video file should include the word “Eurocentres”.
- STEP 4: Send you application form to hobbies-france [at] european-funding-guide [dot] eu. Make sure it is signed and it includes a link to your video.
Please make sure that the attachment of your application does not contain more than 2 MB.
THE VIDEO / TEXT
You can choose between recording a video OR sending a written text. We give you these two options so you can tell us about yourself and your unique hobby in your own words. Remember that your complete application form must be in English, and this includes your video or text. Don't worry if your English isn't perfect, because this will not affect our final decision. Here are two important things to keep in mind:
- Videos: maximum length is 1 minute
- Texts: maximum character count is 1,000 characters including spaces
- You have until the 31st March 2016 to email us your application.
- We will choose five finalists by the 15th April 2016.
- A public online vote will be open between 16th and 30th April to choose the scholarship's winner.
For any questions regarding the competition, please contact hobbies-france [at] european-funding-guide [dot] eu directly. The winner will be announced and informed after the closing date of the public online vote.