Skip to main content

Country Selector

Questions & Booking

We'd be happy to help you further - contact us now!

Consultation hotline
Skype: eurocentres_sales

Send your questions using the contact form.

In-person consultation
56 Eccleston Square
SW1V 1PH London/UK

Visa information United Kingdom

Students from EEA countries (EU, plus Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein) and Switzerland don’t require a visa to study in the UK and can enter the UK freely with a valid passport. Participants from other countries may need a visa to study in the UK.

Non-EU / EEA visa-nationals who are over 18 and wish to come to the UK must obtain a visa and Entry Clearance prior to arrival. This can be obtained from a British diplomatic mission overseas. At the point of entry they may also be required to show the school’s confirmation letter, proof of payment of tuition fees, the accommodation address, their return flight ticket and to prove with formal financial statements that they can support themselves during their stay. For some countries a health certificate might be needed.
Your nearest British Consulate or British Council office will be able to tell you whether or not you need a visa. You can also check with the UK Border Agency website at and selecting ‘Do I need a UK visa?’ 

Non-visa nationals can obtain leave (permission) to enter on a Short term study visa for a period of study up to 6 months, on arrival in the UK. The UK Immigration will put a special stamp on the passport, indicating that the student is coming to study and the validity of the visa.
Please note that all non EU/EEA nationals applying for a Short Term Study Visa for a course of duration for more than 6 months and up to 11 months, must do so prior to arrival. 

Students under the age of 18 should apply for Entry Clearance as a “Short term study Child Visa” which allows them to study up to 6 months maximum, and which they are not entitled to extend.
Students who are Under 18 need to book accommodation in homestay and transfer through Eurocentres. Their parents or legal guardians need to complete and sign the Parental Consent Form (PCF).
Note: Students entering the UK on a “Student Visitor” visa can only be allowed to study in the UK up to 30 days (6 weeks). 

Eurocentres cannot sponsor students who would like to come and study under the General Student Visa (Tier 4) category.

Students studying for more than 6 months in the UK need to pay a Health Surcharge fee when applying for their visa, which allows them to have access to the public health system in the UK.

Students are required to register with the police within 7 days of arriving in the UK if this is stated on their visa.

For some students wishing to travel outside of the UK to a European country, a Schengen visa may be required.  It is advisable, when possible; to obtain the Schengen visa before leaving the home country as it can be easier and cheaper than after arriving in the UK.  Schengen visa requirements can be checked online.

Do not hesitate to contact us should you have further questions regarding the visa. Please contact us through the following mail address:  team-ch [at] eurocentres [dot] com

Related links