Visa information South Africa
Students can contact their nearest South African mission or representative office (Embassies, Consulate, etc.) for specific visa information and/or visit the Department of Home Affairs on http://www.dha.gov.za/index.php/applying-for-sa-visa for South African requirements.
Participants who plan to study for 12 weeks or less can do so on a Visitor’s Permit. Certain nationalities can obtain their Visitor's Permit on arrival for up to 90 days. Other nationalities need to apply to their South African mission or representative.
Participants who plan to study for 13 weeks or more will require a Study Permit for up to 12 months of study.. For further information on the Study Permit, students should visit the following website: http://www.dha.gov.za/index.php/types-of-temp-res-permits
To obtain a Study Permit, students need the following:
- Passport with two blank pages, valid for 30 days longer than the duration of your visit to South Africa
- Two passport-size photos (must be 45mm by 35mm).
- Statement/documentation confirming purpose of visit.
- Payment of the prescribed visa fee
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover expenses for the duration of your visit to South Africa, in the form of bank statements, bursaries, cash, etc.
- Return or onward ticket
- Valid vaccination certificate, if required
- Medical and radiology reports
- A police clearance certificate from each country in which you resided for 12 months or longer since the age of 18 years is required.
- Letter, with official letterhead, of admission from a South African education institution, confirming exact period of study and accommodation arrangements – provided by Eurocentres
- If under 18 , the student needs:
- a travel authorization, issued no earlier than four months before the trip, in English, duly authenticated and signed by its parent(s) or legal guardian
- certified copies of parents or guardians’ passports
- the child’s unabridged birth certificate
- a letter of acceptance (LOA) from the school
- proof of accommodation.
Do not hesitate to contact us should you have further questions regarding the visa. Please contact us through the following mail address: team-ch [at] eurocentres [dot] com