Skip to main content

Country Selector

Questions & Booking

We'd be happy to help you further - contact us now!

Consultation hotline
Skype: eurocentres_sales

Send your questions using the contact form.

In-person consultation
Seestrasse 247
CH-8038 Zürich/Schweiz

Visa information Mexico

Citizens of Schengen agreement countries, UK, US, Canadian and Japanese citizens: For a stay of up to 180 days, people traveling for business or tourism do not need a visa, but they do need a passport valid for at least 6 months and adequate cash resources for their stay (to be proven on request with an international credit card, traveler’s checks, etc.). Furthermore, they will need a tourist card (called “FMT”), which they will receive on the plane and at the border crossing-point. Upon entry, they will receive an entry stamp that states that they are allowed for 180 days in Mexico. Please make sure that the permission is still valid upon departure from the country, in order to avoid problems with the Mexican authorities. The copy of the tourist card that the traveler keeps needs to be presented again upon departure.

Non-US citizens with stopover in the USA: If students are traveling to Mexico via the US, please note that since 2009 everybody who is entering the USA with the Visa-Waiver-Program has to register online at ESTA at least 72 hours before departure (payable by credit card). The registration form has to be filled out at The registration is obligatory, also for transit passengers!

All data is without engagement and modalities and can change. Please contact your embassy in your country for engaging information.

Do not hesitate to contact us should you have further questions regarding the visa. Please contact us through the following mail address:  team-ch [at] eurocentres [dot] com