Discover a collection of high quality language schools around the world. Enjoy effective courses, expert counselling and superb rates, guaranteed.
Some people believe in exploring several fields of study or career paths before settling for one. For example, maybe you took a gap year and cycled all over a continent, or went to India for a short break and ended up staying for years as a volunteer. Perhaps you are studying fine arts and at the same time are a graffiti artist. We believe that to make life choices that are out of the ordinary, you need an extraordinary personality. We have created this scholarship to reward students who have shown that they can think and act out of the box, whether it is at school or elsewhere.
This scholarship is open to students from Italy who dare to be different. If stereotypes are not for you and yet you have accomplished things you are proud of, you may be the chosen winner of the Be Different! Scholarship.
This scholarship has a total value of 4,000 € and will cover the costs of a language study stay in San Diego, California.
The Be Different! scholarship includes:
- A 4-week English language course with a total workload of 80 hours (20 hours/week), which will be delivered at the San Diego Eurocentres language school in Gaslamp Quarter (downtown San Diego)
- Accommodation with a local family
- Travel insurance
- An allowance of 500 €
- Return plane tickets to San Diego
- Transfers to and from the airport
Please note that this scholarship will be available until 30th April 2017 and that you are free to make your own travel arrangements to San Diego.
This scholarship is open to all students regardless of their field of study.
HOW TO APPLY
- STEP 1: Fill in this application form. Make sure your answers are in English – and don't worry if your English isn't perfect, because this will not affect the final decision.
- STEP 2: Tell us about yourself. What makes you special? How is your personality different and unique? You can do this by creating a short video or a text.
- STEP 3: Upload your video so we can review it. You can use any video sharing site, including YouTube and Vimeo. Important: the name of your video file should include the word “Eurocentres”.
- STEP 4: Send you application form to personality-italy [at] european-funding-guide [dot] eu. Make sure it is signed and it includes a link to your video.
Please make sure that the attachment of your application does not contain more than 2 MB.
THE VIDEO / TEXT
You can choose between recording a video OR sending a written text. We give you these two options so you can tell us about what makes your personality stand out in your own words. Remember that your complete application form must be in English, and this includes your video or text. Tip: focus on being yourself and don't worry if your English isn't perfect, because this will not affect our final decision. Here are two important things to keep in mind:
- Videos: maximum length is 1 minute.
- Texts: maximum character count is 1,000 characters including spaces.
- You have until the 31st March 2016 to email us your application.
- We will choose five finalists by the 15th April 2016.
- A public online vote will be open between 16th and 30th April to choose the scholarship's winner
For any questions regarding the competition, please contact personality-italy [at] european-funding-guide [dot] eu directly. The winner will be announced and informed after the closing date of the public online vote.