Life is not only about having the best grades, being part of an elite school and adapting yourself to a career-minded environment. There’s nothing wrong with being average, in fact, most people are.
Average student scholarship
We know you’re unique in many ways – so what if your grades are not remarkable at all? The Average Student Scholarship supports students that are neither really good nor really bad - but average.
- Your work-life-balance is more important to you than your grades?
- You belong to the top 60% of your class?
- It has never occurred to you that one should strive for being part of some kind of elite?
- Your ambitions have nothing to do with good grades and a high-paying career?
We are looking for students from Spain who are not focused on becoming a part of the next elite but embrace being ordinary. If you count yourself among this group then apply now.
The scholarship includes a language course in San Diego in the USA and is worth 4,000 €. The language course takes place at the Eurocentres language school in the historical Gaslamp quarter of San Diego.
The scholarship contains:
- Language course with a duration of four weeks (20 hours per week)
- Housing with a host family including lodging
- 500 € pocket money
- Transfer from and to the airport
- Flight costs (roundtrip)
- Foreign insurance
You can redeem the scholarship for one year until the 30th of April 2017. You can plan the trip individually.
Students from all fields of study and semesters can apply.
HOW TO APPLY
- Application form: Complete the application form with your basic information.
- Video or text: Make a short video where you introduce yourself and explain why you are an average student OR write a short text about it.
- The video can be uploaded to any video portal (e. g. YouTube, Vimeo). Please make sure that the name of your video contains the word “Eurocentres” and include the link in your application form.
- Send your signed application to average-spain [at] european-funding-guide [dot] eu
- The application is accepted in English only. Your level of English does not influence your chances of receiving the scholarship at all.
Please make sure that the attachment of your application does not contain more than 2 MB.
THE VIDEO / TEXT
You can decide if you make a video OR write a text. Your video or your text should allow us to get a personal impression of you and explain why you are an average student. Make sure that your application is in English only. Your level of English does not affect your chances of winning the scholarship. If you decide to make a video, make sure that the video isn’t longer than 1 minute. Professional editing is not necessary, it only matters that your video is authentic. If you decide to write a text, make sure that the text is not longer than 1,000 characters (incl. spaces).
- You can submit your application online until the 31st of March 2016.
- Our jury selects five finalists until the 15th of April 2016.
- A winner will be chosen through public vote. The public vote will be held online from the 16th of April until the 30th of April 2016.
For any questions regarding the competition, please contact average-spain [at] european-funding-guide [dot] eu directly. The winner will be announced and informed after the closing date of the public online vote.